понедельник, 7 июня 2010 г.

Manner of Development.

Great. Today is a great day. The first day of my vacation)) Thanks a lot to my chief. Now I can enjoy making my own bugs in the software that is supposed to help us to develop java programs in Vim and not only in Vim. Frankly, thoughts are cramming in my head and I need some time to arrange it. Let's try to put them in order.
First of all I have added support of methods and fields in jtags. Jtags are in small mess right now. I guess I have broken some features of Fleiner's Jtags. It doesn't add new tags to an existing tag file. It should be fixed, but I would like to discuss something else. After several days of work with my own jtags I realized that they are more, that I expected from them. I use JavaParser from googlecode and several days ago I was doing some exercises with JME. I have source code for both of them and if I add their source code to tag file associated with my project I can easily jump to the classes of unknown framework(or whatever - library e.g.). I can find necessary methods without a completion that I used to in Eclipse and in addition to that I have very positive side effect - I learn the framework without any effort - I just jump and look into the code again and again until I don't need to jump. Vim ctrl-p completion helps as well, because it uses tags file as a source of words for the completion - that's great. But still, we need javacompletion for the situation when we don't have source code but only class files and we need special tools for the code exploration(find callers of particular method, find places where particular variable is assigned etc.). Javacomplete doesn't work sometimes and I don't understand why. It has rather twisted source code. We have many things to do, and all answers, I guess, are in Eclipse's code. But it is very huge...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий